Purpose: The Preschool Director provides leadership for the Apex United Methodist Church Preschool. The Director recommends policies, priorities, programs, and budgets to the Preschool Board. The Director manages and administers the Preschool operation in accordance with the direction, policies, and by-laws adopted by the Preschool Board and within the budget available.
- Knowledge of children’s physical, emotional and developmental patterns.
- Ability to administer program and budget of comparable scope and complexity.
- Skill in curriculum planning, staff recruitment, and program planning/evaluation.
- Skill in discerning when enrolled children may need medical attention or other care or evaluation.
- Demonstrate high personal integrity and character and willfully support the mission of the Preschool program.
- Willing to attend and become involved at Apex United Methodist Church.
- Work Hours: Must be physically present from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. during the Preschool year.
August through May – 25 -30 hours per week, tending to priorities as needed as they arise at any time. June & July – 20 hours per month. Some afternoon and evening work is expected.
- College degree, preferably in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or Education.
- Experience in budget and fiscal management.
- CPR and First Aid Certification (or willing to obtain)
- Provide evidence of successful work experience with children.
- Annually participates in continuing education and/or workshops.
- Coordinate and attend all Preschool Board meetings and report on Preschool activities.
- Ensure compliance with all health, fire and childcare regulations.
- Attend Cary/Apex Preschool Association meetings.
- Interface with parents.
- Provide monthly newsletters and necessary communication to parents.
- Coordinate and run staff meetings and maintain necessary communication with staff.
- Maintain relationships with Children’s Ministry team and pastors and church staff.
- Organize and prepare weekly preschool chapel lessons and coordinate with the pastoral team and music teacher.
- Plan, set up, and make preparations for special Preschool events.
- Facilitate and execute Preschool registration.
- Respond to inquiries about the Preschool for perspective parents.
- Ensure that the Preschool website and Handbooks are up to date.
- Create and maintain class rosters.
- Ensure that Lunch Bunch is adequately planned, supervised and staffed.
- Provide continual support for teachers and assistants (discipline, bathroom issues, illness, and anything that comes up).
- Review plans and calendars for Preschool classes.
- Communicate with the Preschool Board concerning all financial aspects of the program, including payroll, tuition and bills.
- Work with the Business Administrator to prepare and submit a projected annual budget to the Preschool Board in the spring for the upcoming school year.
- Collect tuition payments.
- Collect late tuition and fees.
- Reviews monthly bank statement and deposits.
- Oversees monthly payroll.
- Keeps a record of staff leave.
- Approve purchases of supplies for the program.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Keep updated student records in the Preschool office.
- Communicate with the Preschool Board regarding personnel matters.
- Recruit replacements for vacant positions.
- Maintain current and complete files on staff.
- Provide orientation for the staff.
- Provide annual written performance evaluations to the staff in spring.
- Maintain a list of substitutes to the take the place of employees when they are ill or on leave.
Typical hours are 8a-1p on preschool days (typically M-F, from September through May). There would also be 5-6 hours M-F during the month of August and a total of 20 hours in June and 20 hours in July.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $26,000.00 – $35,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.